Of Water, Woodpulp, and Glue

 A headless man

walked outside 

my window

A nameless man

walked

to the river


I walk

between buldings


A patrol car rolled

through the parking lot

quiet

the birds made more noise

and they were nearly silent


I walk between buildings


The patrol car

disappears

the officer 

decides

nothing to see here


a modest presumption

 

Now

All but two

of us

hidden away

behind green doors

they all match in

the apartment

complex


A fat man sits 

in a pool

of patio

light

reading

(inside of a dog it's too dark to read)

I steal a punchline 

smile and walk

so am I so am I so

with each new step


He is surrounded by 

green tomatoes

the plants in their pots 

don't mind

and niether do I

We do not speak

the stolen punch line

exists only in my mind

I imagine him

shouting:


STOP SETTING THE

WORLD ON FIRE!


I continue my

stroll

the evening air

humid tastes

of water

woodpulp and glue


(rising particulates and Canadian smoke)


I am

glad the

officer

in the patrol car

rolled through


no doubt

keeping the

peace.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zen and the Art of Deliverance Revisited or You Have to Start Somewhere

Mediocre Juggler